Choose To Alternate Between Light Sleep And Deep Sleep: During your sleep, you undergo about 90 minutes of alternative. The alternative includes two cycles- a non-rapid eye movement(NRAM) and rapid eye movement(RAM). Generally, the older sector undergoes light sleep, while the younger area undergoes a deep and more massive sleep. There are many people who face Heavy Sleeper Disorder.
• NREM Stage:
We tend to escape into NREM for about 75 percent of your nights. Following, which you suffer three levels of relaxation stages.
1. Step One: This stage is known as the light sleep stage. In this stage, you are in a phase between asleep and being awake.
2. Step Two: In this stage, you go into a deeper sleep. Here your body temperature drops, and your heartbeat and breathing become regular.
3. Stage Three: The final step is the most restrictive and most profound level of the sleeping stage. In this phase, your muscles relax, tissues the regenerate, and undergoes repair, and finally, your breathing slows.
• REM Stage:
During the REM stage, your brain remains active, your blood pressure and heart rate increase. In this stage, your eyes go on rapid movement, and this stage occurs when you’re dreaming?
• Experts Talk:
Many sleep experts report that the phase between light sleep and deep slumber may be subjective. For instance, a person who gets the right solid hours of sleep might not get a deep slumber like that of a person who understands only six hours of sleep.
Factors Involved In Light And Deep Sleep:
• A recent study stated that people respond to certain noises during their sleep. Due to this, the levels of your brain activity increases, and this stage is known as Sleep Spindles. Most researchers also found that those who produce high-frequency sleep spindles can sleep through loud noises.
• If you feel tired and unable to sleep, but do not brush it off, saying you’re a light sleeper. Besides, consult a doctor to check the possibilities behind the sleepless nights. Also, consult a doctor and get a sleep test to determine the cause of your sleep disorder.
• Some sleep disorder like sleep apnea and obstructive sleep leads to a high sleep disorder. As a result, you develop breathing irregularities that cause abrupt sleep awakenings.
• At times, genetics also contribute to your sleeping problems. Or, few people throughout 24-hours develop a higher degree of arousal.
• In most cases, several factors are a cause of your habits. Because of issues such as caffeine, alcohol, medication, or lifestyle, your sleep cycle might get altered.
Develop Healthy Habits:
• You need to have a time set to sleep and wake-up. Besides, avoid sleeping-in on weekends and staying up late at night.
• Also, I never consume alcohol before sleeping hours. Even though you might pass out, it interferes with your deep sleep cycle.
• One of the most important habits is turning off your smartphones, laptops, and TV 30 minutes before sleeping. Through the excess consumption of gadgets, your regular melatonin production cycles get disrupted. At times, you might end up with cognitive arousal.
• Besides, any stimulating work such as a warm bath, or reading a book, can give you better sleep.
• Always keep a gap of almost four hours before dinner and bedtime. Besides, avoid consuming chocolates and caffeine as they disrupt your sleep cycle.